[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS crashes with no error message, but a lot of warnings refering to the PSYCHROMETRICS routine

Knut Erik Enerstvedt knut.erik.enerstvedt at gmail.com
Thu May 2 02:38:12 PDT 2019

Hello,

When running a simulation, TRNEXE crashes after a while without displaying
any error message. Usually it pops up a box saying there is an error, but
now it just freezes with a "Program not responding" message in the top of
the window. When I close the program, the log file window appears. It shows
no errors, but a lot of warnings saying that "The referenced UNIT has
called the PSYCHROMETRICS routine with conditions outside the intended
range of the dew point temperature correlation. The correlation from the
1981 ASHRAE fundamentals handbook is for the temperature range of -60 C to
70 C." These warnings refer to units of Type 670 and 995 (TESS heating and
cooling coil). I have tried to increase the setting "number of warnings
before error" as a work around, since I can't understand why these warnings
appear. I also do not know if these warnings are the reason why TRNEXE
crashes, since there is no error message saying that they are, but I have
no other clues.

I would appreciate if anyone has an idea why this happens. My TRNSYS
version is 18.01.0000.

Best regards

Knut Erik Enerstvedt
Gether AS