[TRNSYS-users] Does TRNSYS actually take the SHGC into account for the load calculation?

Marion Hiller Hiller at Transsolar.com
Mon Mar 25 00:57:35 PDT 2019

Dear Siliang,

Did you change the u-value only or did you generate a new glazing properties with window?
Type 56 doesn't use the g-value for the simulation, it is displayed only for selecting a window.
Further information on the window modeling is found in Trnsys documentation of Type 56.

Marion

Von: TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org> Im Auftrag von Siliang Yang via TRNSYS-users
Gesendet: Montag, 25. März 2019 08:00
An: TRNSYS users mailing list at OneBuilding.org <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Cc: Siliang Yang <siliang.yang at unsw.edu.au>
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Does TRNSYS actually take the SHGC into account for the load calculation?

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to analyse how the heating/cooling load of the space will be influenced by varying the solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) of the external window. I created groups of windows as follows:

[WinID-Lib]

As you can see, the SHGC (g-value) was gradually changed while the visible light transmittance (VLT) was identical for each group of windows. From the physics point of view, the internal load should be changed as the change of SHGC. However, refer to my TRNSYS simulation results (see the following screenshot), the internal load did not change with the change of SHGC value while the VLT value was constant. It seems like the load will change as the VLT changes which is not related to the SHGC at all.

[NatVent_SHGC_VLT_SummerWk_Sydney.xlsx - Excel]

I don't think those are reasonable results and I've carefully checked my TRNSYS models for sure the models were correct. That will be very appreciated if anyone might point out the seasons for the issue of my case.

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Siliang

Siliang Yang
PhD Candidate and Casual Academic, UNSW Built Environment
Room 6007, Red Centre West Wing

UNSW AUSTRALIA
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA
T:+ 61 (2) 9385 6372 M: 0415 680 589
www.be.unsw.edu.au<http://www.be.unsw.edu.au/>
CRICOS Provider Code 00098G

[UNSW007F-Email-Signature-Image-2]<https://www.be.unsw.edu.au/utzonlectures/emailsig>

Follow us:

[facebookesig]<http://www.facebook.com/UNSWBE>[twitteresig]<http://twitter.com/UNSWBuiltEnv>[Instagramesig]<http://instagram.com/unswbe>[Web-Google-plus-Metro-icon-esog]<http://plus.google.com/103377744913804443069>[linkedinesig]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/UNSW-Built-Environment-6616950>[flickresig]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/unswbuiltenvironment/>[youtubeesig]<https://www.youtube.com/unswbuiltenvironment>

This email and any attachment(s) transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential or subject to legal privilege. If you receive this email in error, please disregard the contents of the email and attachment(s), delete them and notify the sender immediately. Please note that any copying, distribution or use of this email is prohibited. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the view of The University of New South Wales. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses. UNSW ABN 57 195 873 179..

Think Green: Please consider the environment before printing this email.