[TRNSYS-users] Catalog Data, Type 927 and Type 107, GenOpt

Hemmatabady, Hoofar hemmatabady at geo.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Mar 15 10:56:23 PDT 2019

Dear TRNSYS users,

I need to use Type 927 (Water-Water Heat Pump) and also Type 107 (Absorption Chiller) for geothermal heating and cooling simulation. At the moment, I want to use GenOpt for optimizing size of my components (including types 107 and 927). So the capacities change in each run by GenOpt.

1)      Is it possible to use the sample catalog data files (which are available in TRNSYS) for different capacities of the mentioned types without modifying them because the files include normalized data?? (for type 107 it seems to be possible because the sample catalog is using capacity and design energy fraction!! but for type  927 normalized capacities and power are required).

If not, what is the proper way of using these components in optimization?

2)      How can I prepare catalog data file for a component generally? By modifying the sample data file as a template in Notepad considering the manufacturer's data?

Best regards
Hoofar