[TRNSYS-users] Type 94, maximum power

DAVID GARCIA MENENDEZ garciamdavid at uniovi.es
Wed Mar 13 08:26:42 PDT 2019

Dear TRNSYS USERS,

I am trying to understand the performance of Type 94 (Photovoltaic module).
I kept the default parameters, in particular: Current at maximum power point = 5.9 A, and Voltage at maximum power point = 17 V.
Then I forced the total radiation on the surface to be the reference insolation  (1000 W/m2) and the ambient temperature to be the reference temperature (298 K).
Under these conditions I expected to obtain that the module power output was 17x5.9 = 100.3 W, but I have only got 80.2 W.
Which is the reason for this difference?
How can I simulate that the module is operating at its maximum point?

Thanks in advance,
Regards.

David.

David García Menéndez