[TRNSYS-users] Type 534 Inlet Flow Mode 3, GenOpt

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Jun 6 07:34:50 PDT 2019

Hoofar - I’m not sure why you chose inlet mode 3 for the tank.  That mode signifies that the location of the inlet port changes with time such that the stratification is preserved.  I have used that mode once in my 30 years of using TRNSYS - and I do a lot of tank modeling.  That was a tank that had a strange umbilical float that tried to have the water enter the tank in the ideal location.

But either way, you are not forced to use the plug in.  Simply take one of the existing full proformas and modify it to match your tank parameters.  We provide a few examples of different full tank proformas but there are thousands of possibilities so we don’t provide all of the options.

Jeff - TESS

Sent from my iPhone