[TRNSYS-users] help : tilted glazing facing earth

KEILHOLZ Werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Tue Jun 4 08:35:12 PDT 2019

Bassam,

to model a slanted window you need to add an inclined surface in the weather data reader and connect it to type 56. In TRNBuild you need to add this orientation and use it for the wall containing the window.

You should also set the window’s slope in TRNEdit, as well as the view factor to define the visible portion of the sky (1 = horizontal roof, 0.5 = vertical, 0 = entirely pointing to the ground, i.e. no view of the sky).

The easiest way would be to draw a 3D-Model in SketchUp and set slope to surface orientation.

Sincerely,

Werner