[TRNSYS-users] How can I add a TRNLIB component to TRNSYS ?

Nicolas Poitrenaud nicolas.poitrenaud at insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jul 3 02:05:36 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how to add a component from the TRNLIB library to TRNSYS.
The TRNLIB library is mostly only providing the fortran source code and a component description in .txt format.
However, to get to use a component, one also needs the proforma file, the project file and to create (to "build") a DLL, linking the component to TRNSYS.

To create my own components, I actually use the "new component" interface in TRNSYS, export the component in C++ format and complete the source code via Visual Studio.

I guess that there is some easy way to generate the proforma/DLL/project file by compiling the Fortran code, but I am not so gifted when it comes to computer science.

Can someone please give me hints on how to use the TRNLIB components ? The software to use ?

Thank you very much and have a nice day !

Nicolas POITRENAUD
e-mail : nicolas.poitrenaud at insa-lyon.fr

Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon