[TRNSYS-users] Type 155 can't load when running 'Calling MATLAB' Example

Keelia LaFreniere KeeliaLaFreniere at cmail.carleton.ca
Thu Jan 17 10:31:56 PST 2019

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use Type 155 in my simulation, but I can't even get the calling Matlab example running. I encounter the following error:

I am running a x64 system with Windows 10, Matlab R2017b, and 64bit TRNSYS18.

'Your input file uses Type 155 (Calling Matlab). "Type155.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Please make sure that a supported version of Matlan is installed and that Matlab's "bin\win64" (or "bin\win32" if you are using the 32-bit version) folder is on Windows' search path.'

I have made sure the EXE folder in TRNSYS18 contains the Type155.dll version corresponding to my Matlab release. I have also added the folder for Matlab's "bin\win64" to my path environment variable.

I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled everything from scratch. I continue to encounter this issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate the help.

Kind regards,

Keelia