[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS18 Own Component Message 105

Hofmann, Daniel daniel.hofmann at dreso.com
Tue Jan 15 04:17:02 PST 2019

Dear TRNSYS-Users,

I rewrote the Type 65d Source Code to include an integrated custom unit conversion. I called this new Type "Type201".
I used the Type Studio to compile the Type. In Type Studio I loaded the source files SSRData.f90, TrnsysFunction.f90, TrnsysData.f90, TrnsysConstants.f90 and of course the Type201.f90. Compiling went successful and the expected dll.-files in  the "UserLib" folders were created. I put the Type201 source code in the "MyTypes"-folder and created a suitable proforma in ...\TRNSYS18\Studio\Proformas.

However when creating a new TRNSYS Project in Simulation Studio and testing the new component I get an Error message 105: "A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file  Reported information  :  Type201 could not be located in either the TRNdll64.dll or in an external dll. Please relink theTRNDll64.dll including this Type or make sure that an external DLL in the \UserLib\DebugDLLs and \UserLib\ReleaseDLLs folders contain the Type."

I really don't know what causes this problem.  I thought that I don't need to recompile the TRNDLL when I put the external dlls into the UserLib-folder. Has anyone an idea of how to solve the problem?

Best regards
Daniel Hofmann