[TRNSYS-users] TESS tank Type 534 and Genopt

Bishan Thapa bthapa1 at uncc.edu
Thu Jan 10 06:02:18 PST 2019

Hi Everyone,

I am using TESS tank 534 as an storage tank in my solar combisystem model.
This type of tank has external file to put its parameters and input
values.  While I was editing the input file (.dck) for the optimization,
replacing the numerical values with variable names, I also did the same
with type 534 in its external file. I replaced the numerical value of the
storage volume with %STO-VOL%( this volume is defined as 300 Ltrs in TRNSYS
model) but when I try to run the simulation, it gives me error saying it
has the illegal parameter. When I give it numerical value, there is no
error in the simulation.

I want to optimize this storage tank volume as well as it is a crucial part
of the model. Could anyone help me with this?
Thank you
Bishan Thapa