[TRNSYS-users] earth-air heat exchanger monitored data

Brideau, Sébastien (NRCAN/RNCAN) sebastien.brideau at canada.ca
Fri Feb 1 11:26:01 PST 2019

Hi all,

I've been trying to find hourly or sub-hourly quality earth-air heat exchanger (earth tubes, earth ducts, earth tunnels) monitored data for a model validation.

This would need to be in a Canadian (or similar) climate, for at least a year, and the tubes would need to not run under a building (but short run under building ok). Simplest controls would be best (ON all the time, or schedule), but I'll take anything at this point.
I would need inlet, outlet temperatures (RH would be nice as well), and flow rate (or velocity). Also, obviously, a pretty detailed geometry of the tubes are required.

If anybody knows where I can find this type of data, please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

Sébastien Brideau