[TRNSYS-users] TRNSED Distributable with Type 56 Building

Muthalagappan Narayanan muthalagappan.n at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 10:13:41 PST 2019

Hello all,

I am trying to create an .exe file using TRNSED to create a distributable
for a non TRNSYS user. In my model I have type 56 and when trying to run
the the .trd file in my computer, it works all good. But trying to run
using the .exe, I get an error stating ‘The program TRNBuild.exe does not
exist in the expected path. This might be due to an incorrect installation
of Trnsys17. Please contact your Trnsys distributor.‘. If I understand it
right, the exe file is trying to open TRNBuild so as to create the files to
run the Type 56 . But I have all the required .b17, .bld, .inf, .trn and
.vfm and .pti file already created and in the input file reading folder.
And in the external files tab at the Type 56, I am linking the .b17 file. I
am I doing something wrong here ?

When I run the same system model as an .exe created using TRNSED without
Type 56, it runs without a problem.

With Regards,

Muthalagappan Narayanan

Research Engineer and PhD Student

--

Ulm University of Applied Sciences

Muthalagappan Narayanan

Research Engineer and PhD Student

Institute for Energy- and Drive Technology

P-207, Eberhard-Finckh Straße 11,

89075 Ulm, Germany

Tel.: +49 (0)731/50-16 939

Fax: +49 (0)731/50-28 363