[TRNSYS-users] FMU Export Utility type6139 TRNSYS Dymola co-simulation / model exchange

Henry Schneider h.schneider at ismd.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 17 04:18:24 PDT 2019

Dear TRNSYS users,

I'm currently trying to couple a TRNSYS building model and a Dymola machine
model with FMI but have no experience with coupling simulations.
Do I get it right that with the approach of co-simulation I need to run both
simulations simultaneously, while with model exchange I can "put"
my TRNSYS model in Dymola and let Dymola simulate both? And if that is so,
is there a type to do that? So far I have only found TRNSYS FMU Export
Utility (type6139) which doesn't let me run the simulation, I expect because
I don't have Dymola installed? Or did I get the concept wrong and you only
export the FMU without running the simulation at all?

Sorry for the confusion and kind regards

Henry

Henry Schneider, M.Sc.
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Technische Universität Darmstadt
Fachbereich Bau- und Umweltingenieurwissenschaften

ISM+D
Institute of Structural Mechanics and Design
Institut für Statik und Konstruktion

Franziska-Braun-Str. 3
64287 Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16 23012