[TRNSYS-users] Need for help to create a domestic hot water system's model

Tatiana Mahavita tatiana.mahavita at alturan.fr
Wed Sep 5 02:36:26 PDT 2018

Good morning,

I'm new to TRNSYS and I started working on TRNSYS 18 a few weeks ago. For a project at work, I need to create a model in order to estimate the efficiency of a domestic hot water system. Due to my little knowledge, I'm facing difficulties to complete the model : the links between the components (between the boiler and the first pump for example)  are not straight (not good for visual aspect), I do not know how to settle conditions of flow rate on the pumps (I already received the warning : « pump mass balance failed during 1344 timesteps. Please check the connections », the water goes to some parts of the system according to flow rate), I want to know the temperatures on the top and on the bottom of the tank, but I do not know how to do. Should I define different loops in the model ? Since the upper side of my heat exchanger is warmer than the bottow part, is it well-defined (correct configuration) ? I want to call en external file (Excel file) with a water profile for each day of the week, but I don't know how to define the inputs and the outputs of the type 62.  As you can see, I do really need some help and need some feedback about my file. Please find enclosed the latest version of my file (Sorry, nearly all the components are named in French). Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

[logo Alturan_mail_fiche ref]

Tatiana MAHAVITA
Ingénieur Chargé d'Affaires