[TRNSYS-users] Tank - energy balance

Amaia Zuazua Ros amaiazuazua at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 11:57:11 PDT 2018

Hi TRNsys users,

I am simulating a water to water chiller coupled to two storage tanks one
each side of the chiller. It's the first time that I work with tanks (I'm
using type 4), and I understand that the energy balance should be
accomplish, I mean, the total energy coming from the source should be the
same than the energy going to the load, but this is not happening in my
case with the condenser side of the chiller (the annual totals have around
10% difference) and still the system seems to work (the idea is to simulate
a radiative system that dissipates the heat from the condenser). I don't
know if it can be related to the internal energy change of the tank. Could
some one give a bit further explanation/information about this?

Thanks in advance!

Amaia