[TRNSYS-users] Weather data of TRNSYS 17 (meteonorm)

Mario González marioglezx at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 14:59:41 PDT 2018

Dear Ilyas,

Answering your first question, and maybe the second one too, a Typical
Meteorological Year (TMY) is not a year in particular, a TMY consists of 12
typical meteorological months selected from various calendar months in a
multi-year weather database (Yang et al.,2008)

You find the full definition and details in the NREL website
https://nsrdb.nrel.gov/tmy

And if you have a access to Meteonorm, when you export the TMY file, you
also find a report in pdf format, in the last step, where you can find all
the data used to calculate it. In the image attached I highlighted the
button to export that report.

Regards,
Mario

*Reference*: