[TRNSYS-users] type 907 - IC Engine

Federica Azzarri S238292 s238292 at studenti.polito.it
Tue Jul 24 01:59:51 PDT 2018

Hi TRNSYS users,

I'm a master thesis student and I need to use type 907 to simulate an IC
engine. I'm having some problems in the implementation of the efficiency
map as an external file to this type. I already saw the example
IC_Engine_Sample_Spreadsheet.xls inside the path C:\Trnsys17\Tess
Models\SampleCatalogData\IC Engine, but I don't understand the values I
must insert in the cells regarding four columns: ‘Energy Input’,
'Exhaust Heat', 'Rejected to Atmosphere' and 'Total Heat'. At first, I
thought that the ‘Total Heat’ values would refer to the maximum value of
heat power that can be recovered (fuel power minus shaft power) but I
verified that the values of ‘Total Heat’ column are all bigger that
these values. Moreover, I guess that ‘Energy Input’ refers to the value
of fuel power, but I was wondering how it’s evaluated: using the HHV or
the LHV of the fuel?

Hoping to be clearer, I’m attaching in this message a picture
highlighting my issues.

Thanks in advance to anyone will try to help me,

Federica.