[TRNSYS-users] Trnsys 3D solar radiation in southern hemisphere

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Mon Jul 2 07:31:26 PDT 2018

Hi Antoine,

I couldn't reproduce your problem. I used the tm2 weather file for cape town and I have got radiation on the north façade while there was no radiation on south.
Yes, that is right, external shading geometry doesn't impact solar incident radiation on external walls, only on external windows.

Best,
Christoph

Von: TRNSYS-users [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] Im Auftrag von Antoine Gautier via TRNSYS-users
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Juli 2018 12:46
An: trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Cc: Antoine Gautier <antoine.gautier at solamen.fr>
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Trnsys 3D solar radiation in southern hemisphere

Hi

There seems to be a problem with solar radiation computation in southern hemisphere when using the 3D import wizard: see attachment.
South facade (azimuth = 180°) actually receives radiation whereas north facade (azimuth = 0°) does not.

Also external shading geometry doesn't seem to impact solar incident radiation on external walls, only on external windows. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help
--
Antoine Gautier
Solamen