[TRNSYS-users] Detailed radiation model

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Mon Jul 2 01:40:42 PDT 2018

Dear Lukasz,

As the error says, is your building geometry not closed or not convex (Manual 5-Multizone, 5.2.7.12. Zone Radiation Modes). This problem can’t be caused by your virtual surfaces.
Please make sure that your building is convex and closed!
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D411F1.1F846D70]

Best,
Christoph

Von: TRNSYS-users [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] Im Auftrag von Lukasz Watly via TRNSYS-users
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Juni 2018 09:42
An: TRNSYS users mailing list at OneBuilding.org <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Cc: Łukasz Wątły <lukaszwatly92 at gmail.com>
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Detailed radiation model

Dear All,

I have desgined in SketchUP a single thermal zone with 3 airnodes placed on different heights (10, 60, 110 cm). I used a Virtual Surface option to model the surfaces which, after exporting them to TRNBuild, could dissapear.

In my simulation of the zone, I would like to obtain three values of Tairnode, Toperative and mean radiant temperature for each airnode. Unfortunately, when I perform simulation in TRNSYS, all three values of mean radiant temperatures are the same. This I did with the radiation model set to standard.

When I am trying to use the detailed radiation model, I got two error informations:

- ==== zone GROUND_FLOOR_10... ... ERROR in summing view factors of surface 4. Please check geometry!!!.

- Error while creating VFM file.
+++ Note: Zones have to be convex and closed volumes.
          Surfaces must have an outwarding normal.

This causes the situation that I am unable to open the .vfm file in TRNSYS and cannot get the mean radiant temperature values.

I assume that the problem is caused by the fact that my model might not be a closed volume, due to the virtual surfaces I have created in SketchUP. So my question is, is there another way to get the MRT values for each airnodes separetely?

The view factor of surface 4 is set to 0.5 automatically, as it is one of the vertical walls.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Lukasz Watly