[TRNSYS-users] invalid floating point operation

Marie-Hélène mariehtalbot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 08:37:55 PST 2018

Hi Sabrine,

I got this issue recently. This error was happening in a custom type that
someone gave me. This type was working well in TRNSYS 17, but I had this
error in TRNSYS 18.

First of all, I made sure I had no division by zero. So no input with a
zero value.

I was still getting the same error, but it was happening later in the
simulation.

Then, I used the debug mode with Microsoft Visual Studio and the Fortran
Compiler. I found out that a few value (x)  were getting bigger through the
simulation until exp(x) wasn't possible anymore (maximum value of the
computer was then outmatch).

I fixed those bugs and now it works fine.

Hope this can help somehow,

*Marie-Hélène Talbot* | Étudiante à la maîtrise
Énergies renouvelables et efficacité énergétique
Département de génie de la construction
École de technologie supérieure