[TRNSYS-users] Active layer/boundary condition - strange results

Karol Bandurski karol.bandurski at put.poznan.pl
Mon Jan 22 03:43:38 PST 2018

Dear Users and Developers,

We would like to model active layer as component of TABS.

Now our model is one zone with active layer in ceiling. Adiabatic
condition/IDENTICAL for all internal partition and set. We have one external
wall.

1)      We would like to keep neighborhood zones in the same AIR
temperature. But when we set boundary condition to IDENTICAL over TABS, then
outer surface of this partition has higher temperature then indoor air
temperature and active layer water temperature. -Why?

2)      The situation is better if we set convective heat transfer
coefficient, on outer surface of TABS to 0.001. If we understand, it is mean
direct contact between air and surface. So if there are adiabatic/identical
condition: outer SURFACE temperature of TABS has the same temperature as AIR
inside modelled zone. But our aim is to keep identical inside and outside
AIR temperature, not SURFACE temperature. How we can do it?

Kind regards,
Karol

Karol BANDURSKI M. Sc.

Faculty of Civil and Environemntal Engeneering

Division of Heating, Air Conditioning and Air Protection

Poznan University of Technology

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karol_Bandurski

 <http://www.put.poznan.pl/~karol.bandurski>
www.put.poznan.pl/~karol.bandurski