[TRNSYS-users] concave zone - radiation calculation

Marion Hiller Hiller at Transsolar.com
Fri Feb 9 00:31:57 PST 2018

Karol,

for simulating a concave zone with all three radiation modes set to detailed the following matrices are required:

a) Beam radiation distribution
    You need an ISM matrices for the zone which matches the SMH matrix.

b) Diffuse radiation distribution
     View factor matrix is needed.

c) Longwave radiation exchange within a zone
    View factor matrix is needed.

We do have an approach generating a view factor matrix for a concave zone based on the program view3d.
It works for many geometries. Very small surfaces may cause problems.
As alternative you can create a view factor matrix with a different program but the matrix need to "correct".
Otherwise energy can be generated or vanished.

For the ISM generation we do not have a general solution. Do have solar radiation in your zone?
You may send your model to hotline at transsolar.com we may help your finding a solution.

Kind regards,

Marion