[TRNSYS-users] Antiproportional behaviour of PID

s0537085 s0537085 at HTW-Berlin.de
Thu Feb 1 03:21:34 PST 2018

Hi,

I´m trying to set PID-controller to following:

If temperature is too high, a flow rate should increase, as well.

If temperature is too low, flow rate should decrease.

So far, PID- controllers usually do right the other way round: If
temperature too low, increase flow rate.

In my system, I want to heat an air flow in a cross flow heat exchanger. If
the air flow rate is too high, it exceeds the heat exchangers power, and the
outlet temperature can´t reach the desired temperature.

Thanks

Tom