[TRNSYS-users] Difficulty with convergency

up201700037 up201700037 at fe.up.pt
Mon Dec 10 06:17:48 PST 2018

Dear Users,

I am simulating a building which is cooled or heated by heat generated
by sollar collectors and stored in Stratified tank type4. The simulation
goes well with 6oo liters volume of the tank. Then i decided to reduced
the size of the tank to reach an optimum volume. I tried for the cases
of 500 to 100 liters and got the results but when reducing the volume to
50 liters the simulation diverges because of many warnings stating that
many types in the simulation did not converge at this time step(30s).
Therefore, i decided to decrease the timestep. I repeated the simulation
even for the least time stem defined in trnsys but it did not converge.
I also tried to change the relaxation factor but didnt work. I read that
some people suggest that if i increase the convergence criteria or the
limit number for warnings in the control cards, it will converge but it
is not solving the problem. Actually it seems like cheating. Please help
me to solve the problem.

Best regards,
Behzad shahzamanian sichani