[TRNSYS-users] Steam Boiler's required energy

­김지혁[기계공학부] wlgur0220 at kookmin.ac.kr
Wed Aug 22 08:35:46 PDT 2018

I have designed a PTC power plant.

I applied a Tempering valve to control working fluid's direction.

If Tout_LPC is lower than Tout_pump2, working fluid won't pass through LPC
and will go to the steam boiler directly.

However, if Tout_LPC is higher than Tout_pump2, it will go to the steam
boiler via LPC.

In the 2nd case, Tout_LPC is higher than Tout_pump2, Tout_LPC is 200 degree
that is higher than Tout_Pump2, 115 degree.

It means that inlet temperature of the boiler is higher(200>115) when the
working fluid passes through LPC.

So I anticipated that I can save energy for heating up the working fluid in
the steam boiler.

But I verified that its result is not like it.

Required energy in the steam boiler is identical in both cases, passing
through LPC and going to the boiler directly, even though the first case's
inlet temperature of the boiler is higher than the other one.

What is a problem? What parameter should I change?

Thanks