[TRNSYS-users] Step by Step

José María Roca peperoca at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:30:15 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is some way to see step by step how are the different inputs, variables, etc of the types to check for intermediate results.

For example, I’m dealing with the type 536 parabolic through and I’m looking into the fortran model. In there it has the calculation for the transverse angle of incidence which in combination with the longitudinal angle of incidence (that is also calculated) determine the IAM.

However I think that for a perfectly tracked parabolic trough with a horizontal North-South axis, the transverse angle of incidence should always be 0… the sun should always be on the parabola axis and the longitudinal angle of incidence vary with every time step and with the time of year.

I can definitely make some calculations on excel to check, but with a step by step procedure it would be far more simple and quicker.

Sincerely,
José María Roca