[TRNSYS-users] Editing Surface Values in .b17 Building File

Weber Daniel webedani at student.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 8 16:56:41 PDT 2018

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am modelling a multizone 3D building with Type 56 and tried my luck with directly editing the .b17 building file. I have adjusted surface areas of walls, windows and roofs as well as changed wall types from external to adjacent with their corresponding surfaces.

It works fine as the simulation runs smoothly, but I am wondering about the last part of the building file where it says "_EXTENSION_BuildingGeometry_START_". It seems that all vertex points of each wall, window and roof are stored here. As I edited surface areas of walls but not their vertex points in that file, the vertex points resulting area isn't the same as the changed area of the walls.

Is that somehow going to affect my simulation in any way? For what part of the simulation are the vertex points necessary? Is it not advised to edit the .b17 at all manually?

All input is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Daniel Weber

PS: Any input to my question about the topic "Surface Gain Inside - Pane Temp Error" in the archive would be welcomed too, where I'm struggling to implement a heat gain input to an inside surface.