[TRNSYS-users] Angle of Incidence with Type16g

José María Roca peperoca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 09:15:43 PDT 2018

Hi everyone, first time here and it seems like a nice place!

I will cut to the chase (that’s why I’m here) [should I make some kind of introduction of myself?], I’m having some issues with the angle of incidence calculated by the type16g.

I’m using a CSV file with some kind of TMY data for Uruguay developed here, where I have among other data, the hourly global incident radiation on horizontal and the hourly DNI. I’m using type9e to read the file and to pass it to the radiation processor.

Testing with a flat surface, the issue is that the angle of incidence drops to zero just as the radiation does, instead of increasing to 90º as it should…(i’m attaching at the end a graph capture).

If I disconnect the GHI from the reader on to the processor, and instead type as input for the processor a GHI of 1000 W/m2 the angle of incidence is OK (the radiation as expected isn’t). The DNI doesn’t seem to have an effect on the angle of incidence, only the GHI.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

How can I deal with it?

Thanks for any response.

Best,
José María Roca