[TRNSYS-users] Type164a : Compressed Gas Reservoir

Ghady Dib deebghady at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 05:12:06 PDT 2018

Hello,

*I am modeling a 2 stages of air compressors with 2 compressed air
reservoirs (Type164). And I have two questions regarding:*

*1)      **Initial pressure of the Reservoir (Type164):*

If we double click on type 164, we have access to the parameters, inputs
and outputs. In my project, I want to fix the pressure of the reservoir
(Pgas) to 1 bar. So I fixed PMAX=50bar (Para (2)) and PLEV_INI=0.02 (Input
(4)) in order to P_INI = PLEV_INI*PMAX*1E5 equals 1 bar.

When I run the project, and I plot the result, I have at t=0 PGAS equals to
zero (Pression.out).

It’s a bit confusing to initialize the pressure because there is a way_1 to
fix P_ini (described above) and another way_2 to set initial output values
(in my case, PGAS is OUT(2)). To be on safe side I put in the FORTRAN
code (!set
initial output value) OUT(2)=P_INI (And even with this, it does not work).
So what way to take in order to initialize the pressure? Way 1 or 2 or both?

If I modify the FORTRAN (in order to set the initial output values), should
I regenerate the Type164? And then rebuild new library? Or no need (just
save)? If yes can you tell me step by step the process to rebuild the
library, because I did it once not correctly (rebuild the library) and I
damaged all the other types.

*2)      **Volume of the Reservoir (Type164):*

By default the minimum volume of the reservoir is 1 m3. In order to change
the interval (min, max) of the volume I did the following steps:

Right click on the type à Proforma à Variables à change the min for
parameter 3 (VOL). Then click OK and close the Proforma after saving the
changes. By this, the Type 164 is changed in the library also.

Problem: It does not work with the modified reservoir. In fact I repeated
the same project [compressor and a reservoir (VOL=1 m3), where the system
worked]. So I guess the steps to change the VOL interval are not correct.

Thank you for help
--

*Ghady DIBDoctorantLaboratoire CETHIL UMR 5008 Groupe Energétique des
Systèmes Thermiques et Frigorifiques (ESTF) Département Génie Energétique