[TRNSYS-users] problem with type 668

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Apr 10 09:44:31 PDT 2018

We don't officially support TRNSYS 16 as it's two versions out of date.
But I took a quick look at your project and several things stood out
immediately.  The first is that you are using a 1-hour time step.  That
means your control decisions are made once an hour - likely the biggest
cause of your issues.  Typically a sysytem like this should run at
around a 1-minute time step.  The other thing I caught was that your
pump flow rates are only about a third of the minimum flow rate that the
heap pump expects.  This will create a very large temperature difference
across both sides of the heat pump.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com