[TRNSYS-users] Fwd: Capacity comparison of SOLTRACE AND TRNSYS

Devang Shah via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Sep 4 08:17:06 PDT 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have got a querry....

I am going to use SOLTRACE(RAY TRACING SOFTWARE BY NREL
https://www.nrel.gov/csp/soltrace.html ) software for evaluation of
performance of various TYPES of solar reflectors.

Now I want to know that whether TRNSYS can be used for the same purpose?

Can i evaluate optical performance of solar reflectors with TRNSYS software
like SOLTRACE(RAY TRACING SOFTWARE BY NREL)?

PLEASE THROW SOME LIGHT ON THIS AS I WANT TO DECIDE THAT IF TRNSYS IS
CAPABLE OF MODELLING SOLAR REFLECTORS THEN I SHOULD NOT WASTE TIME IN
LEARNING SOLTRACE AND FOCUS ON TRANSYS..

AWAITING YOUR REPLY,

THANKING YOU,

--
Very Truly Yours,