[TRNSYS-users] doubt regarding type 71

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Oct 31 06:29:59 PDT 2017

Aditi,

"The stagnation temperature is 200 C"

Did you calculate that from the efficiency equation parameters that you entered into the model or is that just a general statement from your literature search?

You can calculate the stagnation temperature for your particular collector from your efficiency equation by setting the flow rate (and therefore the efficiency) to zero and solving for the temperature difference (collector to ambient) at the peak solar radiation.  Then with any ambient temperature you know the collector stagnation temperature.  Pay careful attention to the units.

Jeff - TESS

Sent from my iPhone