[TRNSYS-users] Inlet temperature of FP Collector

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Oct 30 17:01:29 PDT 2017

<Thank you for your explanation. Actually, my main problem is with TES
and I thought by controlling the inlet temperature of solar coll can
help to maintain the low temperature of fluids inside the TES. So, I
already got the right amount of TES energy gain to meet the demand, but
the problem is the high temperature inside TES. I need to maintain the
low temperature inside TES but also produce high energy gain. Do you
have any suggestion what should I do?>

Maintaining high energy gains while maintaining low temperatures is
difficult unless you have great stratification and/or a very large
storage. Why are you trying to maintaain low storage temperatures?

<I have another question still regarding SHW. I created another SHW
simulation and it consists of solar coll, TES, heat pump, and buffer
tank. The water to water heat pump (type 927) component acts as
auxiliary heating when the heat from solar coll is not sufficient. After
I run the simulation, the heat pump works but the outlet temperature
really high. I only need to increase the temperature from 40C to 60C but
it goes up to 90C. What control should I apply for this problem?>

Are you charging the buffer with the heat pump or are you charging the
main storage? Typically you'd use an aquastat that watcxhes the tank
temperature and turns on/off the heat pump.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 10/26/2017 2:07 am, Rm Chemilo via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Thank you for your explanation. Actually, my main problem is with TES and I thought by controlling the inlet temperature of solar coll can help to maintain the low temperature of fluids inside the TES. So, I already got the right amount of TES energy gain to meet the demand, but the problem is the high temperature inside TES. I need to maintain the low temperature inside TES but also produce high energy gain. Do you have any suggestion what should I do?
>
> I have another question still regarding SHW. I created another SHW simulation and it consists of solar coll, TES, heat pump, and buffer tank. The water to water heat pump (type 927) component acts as auxiliary heating when the heat from solar coll is not sufficient. After I run the simulation, the heat pump works but the outlet temperature really high. I only need to increase the temperature from 40C to 60C but it goes up to 90C. What control should I apply for this problem?

Links:
------
[1]