[TRNSYS-users] Compressed air storage

Ghady Dib deebghady at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 08:33:58 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I am new to Trnsys and I am finding some problems about the choice of my
component. In fact the project that I am working on is to compress air
using liquid piston chambers in order to store it in a reservoir.

I created a new component for the compressor but I want your help to find
the best component choice for the reservoir. In fact I want to represent
normal reservoir to store the compressed air.

With an initial pressure and volume, the reservoir pressure will increase
step by step due to the connection between the reservoir and the compressor
(mechanical valve). So I want to store the compressed air in that reservoir
and be able to represent its pressure, temperature and volume in function
of the simulation time.

At the outlet of the compressor, I have the air volume (that will enter the
reservoir), its pressure and temperature.

I tried to use the “Compressed Gas Storage, Type 164 “but I didn’t succeed
to have any results. And I don't think the components of ''Thermal
storage'' (Type 4, 10, 38, 39, 60) can be helpful for my design.

Thank you in advance.