[TRNSYS-users] doubt regarding selection of evacuated tube

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Oct 4 10:25:01 PDT 2017



It really depends on what performance data you have available for the
solar collector you'll be using. Type 71 and 538 use a quadratic
efficiency equation and Type 1288 uses the 6 parameter model from the
EN12975 standard. Beyond that, Type 538 is somewhat similar to Type 71
but offers more features (outlet temperature control, impact of mass,


Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 10/04/2017 11:03 am, Aditi Garg via TRNSYS-users wrote: 

> Dear TRNSYS user, 
> I would like to know how should we select the evacuated tube for solar water heating. I am unable to know which will be better, type 1288 , type 538 or type 71? 
> I have tried reading them through theory but still unable to decide. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with them. 
> thank you 
> _______________________________________________
> TRNSYS-users mailing list
> TRNSYS-users at lists.onebuilding.org
> http://lists.onebuilding.org/listinfo.cgi/trnsys-users-onebuilding.org [1]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/trnsys-users-onebuilding.org/attachments/20171004/7afb7613/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the TRNSYS-users mailing list