[TRNSYS-users] doubt regarding type 74 CPC

Aditi Garg aditigarg107 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 04:13:27 PST 2017

Hello everyone,

I was working on type 74 CPC. I tried checking the collector outlet temp.
for a location and I got temperature up to 600 degree C which doesn`t seem
so realistic. In parameters of TYPE 74, the overall loss coefficient UL is
fixed as 3kJ/hr.m2.K.

Now, UL  depends on ambient temperature, average collector fluid
temperature and some other parameters as well.

So if these temperature are varying with time then the loss coefficient
should also vary, which is not happening as I think. So is there any option
through which we can modify the loss coefficient ( as a function of
temperatures and other parameters) and get some realistic collector outlet
temperatures.

*Regards*
*Aditi Garg*
*PhD Research Scholar*

*Department of Mechanical Engineering*
*Indian Institute **of Technology, Delhi*

*Hauz Khas,New Delhi-110016*

*India*

*Email ID: aditigarg107 at gmail.com <aditigarg107 at gmail.com>
<https://in.linkedin.com/in/aditi-garg-ab083026?trk=profile-badge>*