[TRNSYS-users] Rebuilding a DLL (Editing existed type in Trnsys Lib)

Ghady Dib deebghady at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:31:55 PST 2017

Dear all,

In order to rebuild just my only one component after modifying it; I am
following these steps;

1) Open Trnsys17 > Compilers Ivf111 > Select Type 164 > Modify it (JPEG1)

2) Right it click on the type > Compile. After that I have 0 errors and 0
warnings (JPEG2)

Now in order to rebuild it (not all of the types)

3) Generate > only project > build TRNDLL (JPEG3) (Is this right)? (I don’t
know if this is right, because by this steps it is affecting all the types
and not only mine) and I am affraid to affect the other types.

After that where the (Type164).dll will be located? In Ivf111 >TRNDll >
Debug > TRNDll.lib ? (So it will remain at the same place and so the new
dll take the place of the old dll; is it right ?)

Now after step 3 is there any procedure left to do it? Are these 3 steps
are enough in order to Trnsys take into consideration the changes? If step
3 is wrong, can you tell me please step by step what procedure should I
take.

Thank you in advance

--

* Ghady DIBDoctorantLaboratoire CETHIL UMR 5008 Groupe Energétique des
Systèmes Thermiques et Frigorifiques (ESTF) Département Génie Energétique