[TRNSYS-users] Initial value for outputs

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Nov 16 07:36:57 PST 2017

Ghady,

Yes - those are the steps to include your component changes if you have
the model as part of your large TRNSYS library. But you can also build a
DLL for just that component as part of the TRNSYS User Library approach.
I suggest that you eventually try that approach so you don't have to
rebuild everything every time you make a change.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 11/16/2017 3:42 am, Ghady Dib via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Dear M. Thornton,
>
> In order to do eddit the type:
>
> 1) Modify the type (Add initial output values)
> 2) Recompile it
> 3) Rebuild the TRNDLL
> Are these the steps ?
> In order to Rebuild the library, I follow the procedure in ProgrammersGuide (Instructions to rebuild TRNDll.dll with Intel Visual Fortran 9.1 and MS Visual Studio 2003) ?
> Have a nice day
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Ghady Dib <deebghady at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear M. Thornton,
>
> Thank you very much for help.
>
> You are totally right, I tried to create a new component but it's not easy. So i'll just modify the initial values like you told me.
>
> But in order to compile the Type 164, and rebuilt the library after modifying the type, should I generate the TRNDLL in MVS (JPEG1) ? By this step Trnsys will be able to take the modifications in consideration ? Is it sure that the other types will not be affected ?
>
> So step : 1: Modify the type; 2 : Generate TRNDLL in MVS ?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:
>
> Ghady,
>
> You wrote "In order to add the initial value outputs in the Type 164 code, I prefer to create a new type and not modify the existed one in Trnsys Library. For that I created a new component using Trnsys 17. I had some difficulties because it's not the same code writing from defining inputs, outputs and parameters to storage; I managed to copy the code line that I am interested in but the problem remains with the storage array.>
>
> Unless you want to completely re-write a version 16 component in version 17 format (and you are certainly willing to attempt that if you'd like), I would suggest that you leave it in version 16 format and just change the output initialization line as I suggested earlier. Find the lines:
>
> !set initial output values
> OUT(1:NO)=0.d0
>
> and replace them with your initial values:
> Out(1) =20.d0
> Out(2) = 0.do
> etc.
>
> Jeff
>
> ---
> Jeff Thornton
> President - TESS LLC
> 22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
> Office: (608) 274-2577 [1] Fax: (608) 278-1475 [2]
> www.tess-inc.com [3]
> E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com
>
> On 11/13/2017 7:35 am, Ghady Dib via TRNSYS-users wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> In order to add the initial value outputs in the Type 164 code, I prefer to create a new type and not modify the existed one in Trnsys Library.

> [...]

[4]

Links:
------
[1] tel:(608)%20274-2577
[2] tel:(608)%20278-1475
[3] http://www.tess-inc.com
[4]
[5] tel:%2B%20%2833%29%206%2033%2052%2096%2074