[TRNSYS-users] shm file and building location

Maria Panagiotidou mpanagiotido at student.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Nov 14 21:45:36 PST 2017

Dear users,

I have built my building model using trnsys3d plug in and then imported it
in TRNBuild. I have created the shading matrix (shm file), which is located
in the same folder with .dck and .b18 files. In trnsys simulation studio I
rotate the solar azimuth angle of my weather file, to correct my building
orientation. Is the shm file valid and properly used?
To my understanding, instead of rotating the building I rotate the azimuth
angle, so the shm file should still be valid.
Is a correct method to draw my building parallel to x and y axis of
sketchup and then rotate the azimuth angle or should I rotate the building
inside sketchup before importing it in TRNBuild?

Kind Regards,
Maria