[TRNSYS-users] [TRNSYS-Users] Using R to run a TRNSYS simulation

Adam O' Donovan via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sun Mar 12 08:08:10 PDT 2017

Dear TRNSYS-Users,

I have been attempting to run a TRNSYS simulation using system() and
shell() in RStudio to open TRNExe.exe and then selected a .dck file from
another folder. The command line is something similar to this.

system(paste("C:/Trnsys17/Exe/TRNExe.exe","C:/PathtoFile/File1/Building1.dck"),wait
= FALSE)

The error that appears is "fortl:severe(24): end-of-life during read, unit
48, file C:\TRNSYS17\EXE\MyBuilding1.bld"

It appears to me that  instead of searching for the .bld file in /File1 it
looks for it in /Exe.

I had no issues with the above command line with .dck files that have no
outputs send via Type25 (printers) to external files.

Is there something in the command line within R that I am doing incorrectly
or are there other issues here?

--
Kind Regards,

Adam Ó Donnabháin,
Postgraduate Researcher,
CIT,

*Please, consider the environment before printing this message.*