[TRNSYS-users] SDHW example TRNSYS

Rm Chemilo via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jun 7 19:55:55 PDT 2017

Thank you for your answers,

The reason I asked these question is because of the negatives values at the
outlet temperature.

<If you leave water inside a solar collector and there is no radiation
incident upon the surface and no water flow, it will quickly degrade
towards the ambient temperature.  Type1b has no mass (unlike the Tess Type
539) so it immediately decays to the ambient temperature.>

I couldn't find solar collector type 539, do you mean type538? When I check
the input parameter it has minimum and maximum array flowrate.

<It solves the same energy balance as it does when there is flow.  The
no-flow solution is found when the solar gains match the thermal losses
from the collector (absorbed energy = losses).>

Is it from Hottel-Whillier equation? can you please show me the equation?

Thanks.