[TRNSYS-users] How to link type 1231 (radiator) and type 56

Gillet Paul via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Jul 13 00:58:03 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm modelling heating in a zone thank to type 1231 (Hydronic Heat-Distributing Unit - TESS) that represent a radiator.
The output for this type are :
- Heat Transfer Rate
- Surface Temperature
- Water Outlet Temperature
- Water Flowrate

I think about 2 solution to link type 1231 to type 56 (zone)

1) Create a gain/loss types in "Regime Types" section of type 56.
Gain/loss type name : Radiator
Convective : I put "heat transfer rate"  as an Input
Then, I add this gain type in my zone.
The last step is to link "Heat Transfer Rate" of type 1231 to "heat transfer rate" of type 56.

2)Add a heating type named "Heating-Zone"
Add a set temperature as an input : "THEAT_ZONE"
Then, put on the heating for the zone
and Finally link "Surface Temperature" of type 1231 to "THEAT_ZONE" of type 56
I think that this 2nd way is absurd

Finally, in both cases, when I run the simulation, the following message appear : "INVALID FLOATING POINT OPERATION" without any errors and warnings messages.
I'm sure that this message come from type 1231 link..

Does anyone know how to link these types ?
Thank you for your help,
Have a nice day

--
Paul GILLET