[TRNSYS-users] Temperature control issue

Charles Smith via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Jan 26 07:37:28 PST 2017

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to model a solar water heating system (SWHS) based on some data
that I have, but I am facing two problems related to the temperature
control.

First, I would like the temperature at outlet of the tank (Type 534) to be
greater than or equal to the DHW supply temperature measured every hour
(which I read using Type9a from a data file).

Second, I know the supply and return temperatures of the radiant floor as
well as the flow rate. So I created an equation to model the radiant floor.
The equation takes the temperature at HX outlet (Type 534) and subtract
what the radiant floor uses in real life to get the return temperature,
which is linked to inlet temperature for HX (Type 534). I would like to use
a controller so that the return temperature calculated is never below that
measured.

I tried different controllers, but it does not seem to work out. Does
anyone can help me please?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Charles