[TRNSYS-users] Error linking new component

Amaia Zuazua via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sun Jan 15 09:56:56 PST 2017

Hi all,

I did a new component but when I try to use it I get the following error:

“A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into
trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called
in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file”.

The .dll of the new type is in the ReleaseDLL folder, and I wrote
*!DEC$Attributes
DLLexport :: TypeXXX *in the code file (I saw those two issues where the
most common mistakes regarding this error).

Any other help?

Thanks!