[TRNSYS-users] Condensate Pump and Closed Feedwater Heater

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Aug 10 11:00:14 PDT 2017

Filip,

The steam properties subroutine is only valid up to a pressure of 22
MPA. Above that point the steam has passed the critical point and the
standard solution methodology fails. The code should be generating an
error but it is not. We'll put that on the bug list and get it fixed for
the next release. I'll take a look at the closed feedwater heater issue
in a few minutes.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 08/10/2017 1:58 am, Filip Aksentijevic via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to create a Power Plant project in Trnsys 17_02 by using the components from Cogeneration (CHP) Library. I use the Condensate Pump (Type 597), which can reach the outlet pressures of up to 230 bar and cannot reach the desired outlet presure of 250 bar. When the outlet pressure is set to 250 bar, I recieve the message that TRNExe.exe is not responding. I recieve the same message when I use Closed Feedwater Heater (Type 621) to heat condensate (t=180 C, p=200 bar, h=773,5 kJ/kg, m=970020 kg/hr) with superheated steam (t=500 C, p=20 bar, h=3468 kJ/kg).
> I hope someone can help me solve the problem.
>
> Best regards,
> Filip Aksentijevic
>
> filipaksentijevic at vin.bg.ac.rs

Links: