[TRNSYS-users] Balance outputs

Arnaud Candaele via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Aug 3 03:51:17 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am simulating a building in TRNSYS, and looking at balance outputs for 2
zones.
For these 2 zones, I have no infiltration specified ("off"), no
ventilation, and no coupling.

I output all the balances "B4". I am quite surprised to see that I got
(largely, order of magnitude 1E+04) non-zero values for indicators like
B4_QINF and B4_QCOUP (so infiltration and coupling) for these zones.

I do have TRNFLOW being used in these zones.

My questions are:

   - Is it normal to get non-zero values if no infiltration or coupling is
   defined there??
      - Can it come from TRNFLOW ??
   - About TRNFLOW related gains in this balance, if they're not linked to
   B4_QINF or B4_QCOUP, are they all included in B4_DQAIRdt, which is the
   increase/decrease of stored energy in the rooms?

Note that the global balance is ok (~E-11). I use TRNSYS 17.

Thanks for any help!

Arnaud.