[TRNSYS-users] Exact same control signal for different Type 11f gives diferent results.

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Aug 1 12:57:14 PDT 2017

Javier,

That sounds suspiciously like a convergence problem. Have you checked
the list file to see if you are running into convergence issues? Have
you tried to TRACE the models in question to see what's happening on an
iteration by iteration basis? If it's convergence problems then the
questions become: are you using a small timestep? Are you using a
controller with hysteresis? etc.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 08/01/2017 7:56 am, Javier Vega via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hello TRNSYS users,
>
> I want to use two Type 11f (controller flow diverter) components with the same control signal. One Type 11f redirects solar collector flow
> (Type 553), while the other redirects another circuit's flow to one an Air-Source Heat Pump or a Water Source Heat Pump (Type 941 or Type 927). The events are supposed to happen at the same time.
>
> Monitoring the results, my DHW temperature falls. When I looked it up, the flow diverters aren't working at the same time. And what it's worse, something happens with the Heat Pumps: I studied the control signals, and they are activated at the same time, but the heat pump's circuit redirects the flow when it isn't supposed to happen and also the Heat Pump that by mistakes recieves flow doesn't heat the water flow. This is what bothers me the most because I set the Heating control signal to a constant 1, so everytime the HP recieves flow it heats.
>
> I simply don't know how to address this issue, same control signals giving different results, and a Heat Pump that recieves flow by mistake but doesn't heat. I would appreciate some help.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Javier Vega
> Universidad de Concepcion

>> Hello TRNSYS users,
>>
>> I want to use two Type 11f (controller flow diverter) components with the same control signal. One Type 11f redirects solar collector flow
>> (Type 553), while the other redirects another circuit's flow to one an Air-Source Heat Pump or a Water Source Heat Pump (Type 941 or Type 927). The events are supposed to happen at the same time.
>>
>> Monitoring the results, my DHW temperature falls. When I looked it up, the flow diverters aren't working at the same time. And what it's worse, something happens with the Heat Pumps: I studied the control signals, and they are activated at the same time, but the heat pump's circuit redirects the flow when it isn't supposed to happen and also the Heat Pump that by mistakes recieves flow doesn't heat the water flow. This is what bothers me the most because I set the Heating control signal to a constant 1, so everytime the HP recieves flow it heats.
>>
>> I simply don't know how to address this issue, same control signals giving different results, and a Heat Pump that recieves flow by mistake but doesn't heat. I would appreciate some help.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Javier Vega
>> Universidad de Concepcion

Links: