[TRNSYS-users] "if" function in trnsys

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Apr 21 07:40:44 PDT 2017

Y_Diverter = 0.5*GE(buffertanktoptemp,60)
+ 0.5*GE(buffertanktoptemp,60)*GE(TEStoptemp,60)

Be aware that if your temperatures change quickly, you'll likely run into convergence problems with this approach.  An even better approach is to replace the GE functions in that equation with the signals from an aquastat controller.  The aquastats have some hysteresis built in to avoid issues like this (On at 62 and off at 58 for example).  There are aquastats in the TESS Libraries but you also use the Type 2 differential controller if you don't have the extended library package.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone