[TRNSYS-users] C++ API not working

Yuichi Yasuda via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sat Apr 15 00:00:54 PDT 2017

FYI

Finally I found a way to call the getDeckFileName() function  from C/C++
directly.
See example below.

TRNSYS.h
extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) int    _cdecl
TRNSYSFUNCTIONS_mp_GETMAXPATHLENGTH(void);
extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) char*    _cdecl
TRNSYSFUNCTIONS_mp_GETDECKFILENAME(char* dck, size_t len);
#define getMaxPathLength TRNSYSFUNCTIONS_mp_GETMAXPATHLENGTH
#define getDeckFileName TRNSYSFUNCTIONS_mp_GETDECKFILENAME

Example
std::string trim(const std::string& str)
{
     size_t first = str.find_first_not_of(' ');
     if (std::string::npos == first)
     {
         return str;
     }
     size_t last = str.find_last_not_of(' ');
     return str.substr(first, (last - first + 1));
}

size_t maxlen = getMaxPathLength();
char *fname= new char[maxlen];
getDeckFileName(fname, maxlen);
std::string deckFileName = trim(std::string(fname,0,maxlen)); //
trimming the string, just in case
delete[] fname;

cheers,

Yuichi