[TRNSYS-users] Fwd: Re: GenOpt: Identifing equality constraints for independent variables (x*y*z=1000)

Ma via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Oct 28 02:55:35 PDT 2016

Dear Reza,

you write:

"...Constraints:
1- Boundary constraints: 0<x<20, 0<y<20, 0<z<20
2- Equality constraints: x*y*z=1000
To this end, I could make the boundary constraints in command file..."

I have the same problem with GenOpt and Trnsys. I am trying to implement some constraints into the simulation files, but unfortunately there are
no examples of the proper code in the GenOpt manual. My question is how mathematical functions/operators can be "translated" into a GenOpt code
(e.g. nth power in a penalty function or division and addition both in one function etc.)? How could the code e.g. for your constraints look like?

Kind regards,
ma